Embrace the spirit of the jewish holidays without neglecting your health routine
Individuals and groups welcome!
I love the holiday season for so many reasons: family, community, spirituality, self-reflection and bountiful food. With all the entertaining and commitments, it also raises difficult challenges like overeating, reduced time for sleep and/or exercise.
Part of observing this spiritual and special time of year is to make health a priority, yet every year the commitment to take care of ourselves falls by the wayside, which leads to fatigue, weight gain and stress. With giant feasts of honey cake, brisket and bagels, it’s so easy to lose sight of what the holidays are all about!
This program will allow you to fully embrace the spiritual aspects of the holiday, enjoy family and friends, without sacrificing your health, weight or energy level.
You will learn to integrate simple strategies to keep your health goals on track in a fun, participatory and supportive way.
With the support of a health expert and your peers, you’ll enjoy all the treats the holidays have to offer, while simultaneously treating yourself well through prioritizing and maintaining your own needs for exercise, diet and lifestyle choices.
Initiated with an interactive group workshop, together we will develop and implement strategies to get through this demanding time of year that will also allow you to "Observe the High Holy Days without the High Holy Weight Gain".
This virtual* program includes
- 60-minute kick off virtual workshop (in person or virtual options are available)
- Two private 1:1 half-hour coaching sessions (at the beginning to goal set, and the end to cement what was learned)
- Assigned health expert
- Five weekly 45-minute virtual group sessions to tweak your strategies and address challenges that arise
- Private interactive group Facebook page
- Access to your health expert and Chief MOJO Maker™, Marjorie Spitz Rento, via email (M-F during office hours) where you will receive real-time support to address any questions and exchange ideas.
- Fun, interactive challenges and rewards
*In-person options available upon request.
Your health expert will encourage interaction and challenges in a fun and productive way to inspire action!
- 9/12, 8:00 pm: “Strategies to Get Through the Holidays” Kick Off Workshop (60 mins)
- 9/11- 9/15: 1:1 private sessions (30 mins) – 1 per person
- 9/18, 8:00 pm: “Rapid Fire Strategizing” interactive Q&A (45 mins)
- 9/25, 8:00 pm: “Holiday Hangover” debrief – building on what went well/Fasting Strategies (45 mins)
- 10/2, 8:00 pm: “To Life” strategies session (45 mins)
- 10/9, 8:00 pm: “Harvesting New Techniques” strategies session (45 mins)
- 10/12 – 10/16: 30-minute 1:1 private sessions – 1 per person
- 10/17, 8:00 pm: “Keeping it Going” closing workshop (45 mins)
Note: all programs will be recorded, and available for listening if you can't make a session.
The fee is $375 per person ($700 if you join with a friend). To process payment, go here or click the button to the right.
- Rosh Hashanah: Wed evening, 9/20 – Saturday 9/23
- Yom Kippur: Friday evening 9/29 – Saturday 9/30
- Sukkot: Wednesday 10/4 – Wednesday 10/11
- Simchat Torah: Thursday 10/12 – Friday 10/13
Marjorie Spitz Bio
Marjorie leads and facilitates health and wellness programming at Fortune 500 companies, for small groups and individuals. Leveraging her powerful combination of wellness, health coaching, marketing, event and development expertise as a result of over 20 years of passionate commitment to building brands and helping corporations and organizations maximize their potential, she brings experience, dedication and understanding to her clients.
At the age of 29 she was living the dream: residing in Manhattan, running account management at a hot creative advertising agency, and with a full social calendar. Until one night she awoke with debilitating chest pain. On the outside she looked happy and energetic, but her insides strongly disagreed! Turns out she had permanently damaged her esophagus lining due to years of chronic acid reflux as a result of the way she was managing stress. It was a life changing wake-up call which led her on a journey from advertising rock star to the thriving health expert she is today.
She didn't get there overnight, but through small changes she transformed her life, and now she helps others do the same. Grounded in the philosophy that small changes make big differences, she launched MOJO Health + Wellness. Marjorie offers 1:1 coaching, group programs and workshops, as well as acts as Principal at Balance Integration, an innovative NY based national corporate wellness provider for Fortune 500 clients.
She creates customized program for her clients and together they implement immediate, small, yet life-transforming changes to set them on a path to be their best, most effective and joyful self.
Marjorie obtained her Health Coach Certification from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and NASM Personal Training Certification in 2013. She now dedicates her talents to making the world a happier, healthier place one baby step at a time.